Jesse made me the honor of nominating me to the Sunshine Blogger Award! I want to thank you a lot for this and I hope I am up for the task.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are my answers to Jesse’s questions:
1. How did you get into blogging?
I got into blogging a few years back when I was in deep depression. I was used to write in journals, but then I thought maybe someone else goes through similar things and he/she needs some company.
However, I had zero technical skills and a big fear of sharing my feelings so I connected with one of my friends to create a blog together. He was the face of the blog, handling everything, including the interactions with the community, and I was the one providing the content.
In these years of (shadow) blogging I saw that most bloggers want to become financially free through blogging and that’s how the idea of Writing about…Writing was born. My friend said he didn’t have time to handle another website and that I need to do it on my own, therefore, here it is.
2. What would you do if you didn’t blog?
If I didn’t blog, I would probably fill my head with books and my journals with tears. Writing is the only form of therapy I know. It doesn’t really matter what I write about. It always has a liberating effect.
3. What is your favorite book?
Anything written by Neil Gaiman. Seriously. ANYTHING! I’m a sucker for this guy.
4. Do you have a favorite holiday tradition?
My favorite holiday tradition is meeting with my family at my grandmother’s house. I know it doesn’t sound wow, but it only happens twice per year, at Christmas and at Easter. That’s the only time I get to see my cousins all together.
5. What kind of blog posts do you like reading the most?
I like reading inspirational, positive blog posts, but also the ones that make my heart jump. I like posts where I can see the emotion when the post was written.
I also like the educational posts. Basically, I like pretty much everything haha.
6. Which person, dead or alive, do you admire and why?
I admire Elon Musk very much. He has enough courage to tackle big problems that others never considered looking at from a different perspective. He challenges the current thinking and his vision and actions pushes the world forward. I love him so much!
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would take my laptop and go to the top of the Empire State Building in New York and I would write about that feeling.
8. What is your dream job?
My dream job is being a writer and a blogger (or how I like to call it, a wriger). I was always interested in stories, but also in helping others.
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Lately, kinda both. I wake up at 6 AM and I go to bed at 12 AM. But usually, I’m an early bird.
10. What’s your favorite Life Hack?
My favorite life hack is writing random letters over some words I want to cross out on a paper. It really makes them unreadable, compared to scribbling over them.
11. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I would buy an isolated house in a Canadian small village and I would spend my days writing wriging (e.g. writing and blogging).
1. Cindy from Occasionally Positive
2. Tom from Nowhere Nevada
3. Fred from Au Natural
4. Rachel from The Amethyst Lamb
5. Joe from Joe Stout Writing
6. Leon from Lines By Leon
7. Anthony from The Philosopher’s Stone
8. Amethyst from Love. Inspire. Learn
9. Natalya from Natalya J. Edwards
10. Amber from DiosRaw
11. Sharon from Sharon Unfiltered
My questions for my nominees
1. What is the best thing that happened to you in 2020?
2. Which is the emotion you predominantly feel and why?
3. What have you learned from blogging until now?
4. If you knew for sure you will succeed with something, what would you start and why?
5. What is your biggest regret and what have you learned from it?
6. If you had unlimited powers and resources for one day, what would you do with them?
7. If you had to describe yourself in a short sentence, what would that sentence be?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. If you could be someone else, who would you choose to be and why?
10. What is the stupidest most expensive thing you ever bought?
11. If you could learn anything (something you don’t already know), what would you learn and why?
PS: If you’re serious about writing and you want to have a long-lasting website that stands out of the crowd, check out one of the best SEO tools out there, Mangools.com, and get on the first page of search engines. You can find my full Mangools review here).
Oh, and don’t forget! Now you can Ask Me Anything! through this form. I’m looking forward to talk to you!